background

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Back to Reality

It was an amazing trip! A great time in a beautiful location with amazing friends. I wish I could say that I'm happy to be back, but I'm not.

After a nice long vacation, you get anxious to come home and be in your own surroundings. You miss kids, pets, friends and always miss sleeping in your own bed! But after a few days, reality hits you in the face like a crushing wave off the Gulf of Mexico....you are back to normal, everyday life.So, although it is comforting to be back in the U.S. and definitely nice to sleep in our own bed - I already miss vacation. Mostly because it was so peaceful. You didn't have a care in the world. I got up early in the mornings and went walking on the beach. It was great. I saw some beautiful sunsets and amazing waves. It was just nice to focus on enjoying life instead of worrying about everything back here.

Now that vacation is over - the summer seems to drudge on; work, laundry, cleaning, kids, tired, work, stressed, sickness, bills, work......you get the picture. Here are a few pictures from our trip.









1 comment:

Ann said...

Thanks for sharing your pictures! They are so beautiful, and it looks like you had a great time. Sounds like you need to start planning your next adventure!