background

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Summer fun come - and almost gone!

It has been such a busy summer!  Where has the time gone!? I feel like there are so many more things we wanted to do! That said, we've had a blast spending time with family, traveling, grilling out, spending time with friends and neighbors and making the most of every minute. Asher loves being outside (unless it involves turning off Mickey Mouse Clubhouse) and loves playing with anyone he can get his hands on.

Hanging with mommy in the garage



Who's excited to go to Adventureland!?


He gets the "map gene" from my dad and the bossy gene from me. So proud.


Fun on the carousel at Adventureland 

Asher started at the new Lil Scholars preschool downtown on Aug. 20.  It should be a better learning environment for him as he gets older and needs more of a school.
He came home from the first day and did this.  :)  that's a good sign I think!


We also continue to work wtih him on potty training.  We are trying hard not to push him, but encourage and reward.  Hopefully he'll get it mastered as he gets closer to 3 - but he does enjoy some of the perks now and then!


In contrast - I love these quiet moments with him. I love to teach him new things, and now that he's got an active imagination - listen to the stories he loves to tell.  Hopefully I can capture some of those on video soon. This one was a quiet Saturday morning  after breakfast (noted on his face) when a storm was rolling in.

He is so unpredictable these days. Which can be a bad thing, but the moments I notice include random kisses, stories about his brothers, little "I love you mommy" moments, random giggle fits, and his perception of the world around him.  Like yesterday when I told him I'd get him some chicken nuggets and fries for dinner and he replied, "YEAH! We have to go get some at Old McDonald's."  *insert mommy giggle*

Thank you for all the joy you bring to our lives Asher - I love you.

No comments: