background

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

It's the little things


We often believe it's the big things in our life that will make us happy....a newer car, a bigger house, more money. I am one of the best examples of having nearly everything I wanted of those material items, and still being completely miserable. Thankfully, I had the strength to get out of that situation, and was blessed to meet a man with that same strength. As Eric and I have grown together, we have been able to reflect back and truly see how amazing life can be when you put more emphasis on the important things....love that is filled with passion AND respect, timefamily, health, and the time to enjoy all those.
Despite having everything we need, I know it's human nature to desire more. And I have to add that I'm proud to announce that Eric got the promotion he's been waiting for. We realize that raises, promotions, bonuses - none of that will make us happy within itself (although we were pretty ecstatic last night) but the things you can do with those blessings and opportunities, are even more meaningful.

During this Thanksgiving season, I'm happier than I've ever been. I'm thrilled that my dad is healthy, I'm happy to be married to an amazing man who loves me and my family, I'm proud of his accomplishments, and I'm excited to be a new family together with a bright future.

This season, don't worry so much about the quality of the meal or how clean your house is, but take time to relish in the joy of the people that fill your life, and bring that smile and warmth to your heart and theirs.


--L

2 comments:

trumpold said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ann said...

Congratulations to Eric on the promotion! Soooo happy for the both of you.