background

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Unappreciated Blessings

Some days I just want to clock out. Have you had those days? The ones that drain you to the point that you want to close the curtain and say, "thank you and goodnight!!" It was a good weekend - don't get me wrong, but it was one of those weekends that didn't seem to stop. It was one thing after another, as soon as I accomplished something, I stumbled across the next thing screaming to be done. On top of that, I signed myself up to work a very long 11-hour shift on Saturday night.

Sometimes it's not the things that need done, but the things that merely exist. It is something that was said that just doesn't sit right, something that was done that I disagreed with, the feeling I have when something is nagging at me....and those circumstances that were too frustrating to acknowledge. All of these things have a tendency to slowly chip away at any patience or energy I may have left for the day.

Don't get me wrong - I acknowledge that I'm being a total whiner, (after all, isn't that what having a blog is for?) I am lucky enough to be complaining about the very same things that I love. Being surrounded by people I am passionate about, having a great home and being able to lay down at night and feel good that I accomplished something and made a difference to those around me. There are many people in this world who only care about themselves - they neglect friends, parents and most importantly...children. To those people, I'd just like to say WAKE UP! It may be tough sometimes, it may be an inconvenience and it may require a little extra thought or effort on your part. But hard work is rewarding, whether it's the mundane tasks of daily life, or those extra touches that make someone's life a little brighter. After all, who really knows what tomorrow may hold?

It is these every day little things that I ponder on a daily basis, but today, I definitely realized these are unappreciated blessings. I thank God for hard work, and my ability to do great things every day - no matter how much they may wear me out!

No comments: