background

Monday, November 24, 2008

The Rainbow through the Rain

So many times in my life, I get too caught up with the here and now, the unimportant little things of life. Maybe I'm frustrated with my job and the stress it causes. Maybe I'm sick of doing dishes and cleaning every free moment of my night. The thoughts can go all the way down to the tiniest, most selfish concerns, like wondering why my husband doesn't buy me flowers more often. Don't get me wrong, I don't spend all my time thinking about such superficial things, but I do catch myself focusing too much on the wrong things in life, instead of those that are right.

It seems that only through times of hardship or grief, do we truly look at what we have and are grateful for it. To some degree, it's human nature to always want more and perhaps take the things we already have for granted. But every now and then, God plants something big in your life. If you're lucky, it's something amazing that makes you even more grateful for the blessings you're surrounded by. But quite often, it is something that shakes your down to your very core and forces you to stare the cold hard world in the face. It's in those moments, that we decide what type of person we are; those moments where we can fight, flight or submit to His will.

I have shed many tears this past week. Some were tears of joy, but most were tears of sadness. I've had days where I felt my heart couldn't take anymore grief and frustration; moments where I literally did not know what to do with the tidal wave of emotions I was feeling.

If anything has come of this very turbulent week, it's that I realized I am a strong woman. I can get through whatever life throws at me because I am determined, and I have a strong support system of friends and family to lean on. More than anything, I have faith that there is always a rainbow after the rain...you just have to be patient enough to wait for it to appear in order to enjoy it's magnificent beauty. Here's to hoping the rain ends soon....



1 comment:

Ann said...

You are a strong woman... physically, emotionally, and spiritually. My heart literally aches for you and the pain you've had to endure, and you continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. I'm praying the best for you -- now and always.

A great big hug to you my friend. I love you.