background

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Bad mommy

I have come to the realization that I have been a bad mommy! I let nearly two years slip through my fingers, and I'm left looking at this beautiful baby boy (who's now a toddler) wondering where the time went? I have this terrible feeling of regret that I let it fly by in the blink of an eye, and I haven't written down the details of every single beautiful day I've been blessed to share with my beautiful son since he was born.


Better late than never I guess, so it's time to catch up! Here are a few photos from the past few months....

Asher 12-month photos

Asher just turned 20 months and this little boy's personality has emerged in full color! He has always been a talker (gee- I wonder which one of us he got that from) and amazes me every day with how smart he is! Whether it's words like "motorcycle" that he pronounces "pack-uh-pall" (not sure how he came up with that), or the stories he tells me from daycare like, "Lydia....pushin......down.....nice" which translates to the fact that his friend Lydia was pushing him and he fell down which was not nice. He truly loves to talk and tell stories! We even taught him to say "Go Hawkeyes" within 10 minutes of watching the first football game. Now, he says it very clearly and throws his hands up in the air excitedly when he does it (and seems to do it anytime he sees ANY football game on TV). *SNIFF* We are so proud.....

A few little facts about Asher this month:


  • He loves to go get groceries or "go-shees"

  • He has a very big personality, good and bad; and is definitely stubborn like his mommy/daddy.

  • When he wants something, he repeats the word as many times as possible until you can't help but just give it to him....a technique that apparently works!

  • He loves ice cream, and gets excited when I mention it. He sits on the couch with mommy, spoon in hand, to eat it right out of the carton!

  • He loves to sing and has a talent for music! We sing a lot together, and are attending Kindermusik classes once a week, which he loves.

  • He finally has hair! Unfortunately it hasn't grown in evenly. I call it his "Bozo" hair because he has the "Kelderman curls" around the sides and back, then it's sparse and straight on top. But he is truly an adorable little guy!

That's all for now. This is where I promise to update this blog more often - and I will! Hopefully it will be a great way for friends/family to catch up on what's new with Asher for the week! Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Shelby said...

So glad you're posting! I love reading about other mama's and their loves. :-) Can't wait to meet Asher sometime - those two would have a good time watching some Hawkeye football together. Luke in his little Hawkeye covered Bumbo chair and Asher yelling "Go Hawks"!