background

Friday, January 18, 2008

Laughter & Pain

I heard this beautiful verse today, and thought it was so powerful:

God didn't promise days without pain,
laughter without sorrow,
sun without rain.
He did promise strength for the day,
comfort for the tears, and light for the way.


If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.

I am living proof (as are many other people) that if you trust in God and have faith, he will get you through anything.


I clearly remember the lowest point in my life, sobbing uncontrollably, hiding out without anyone knowing where I was, not knowing how I was going to face my family or one more hour of the day. And yet, despite all the heartache and drama and the growing up I had to do...here I am. I am happier now than I have ever been, and that is attributed to realizing I was not in control, and I needed to trust there was a reason and a bigger plan. Now I can say: thank you, God.



No comments: