background

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Holiday fun!


Christmas is such a great time of year! I'm always reminded of the blessings surrounding me, the fond memories I have from growing up in a loving home, and the ability to provide that same joy to my new family. It's so much fun to get out the decorations and Christmas tree and think of gift ideas that will make loved ones faces light up (last year it was a projector for Eric)!

We also had the pleasure this past weekend of visiting my brother and sister-in-law, Todd and Paula, and my nephews in Minneapolis. Although it was a short weekend, it was so much fun to laugh and play and enjoy celebrating my nephews birthday. I wish so much that they lived closer, we all get along so well together, especially the boys.

So the real excitement for Christmas isn't just the eggnog, or snowball fights, or even watching the dogs run from the wrapping paper tube, but all of it! It's the overall experience of spending time with family and creating new memories for ourselves and the kids. Sometimes it's hard not to get caught up in the craziness of shopping, packing, traveling, etc. But when it's all over - it's great to look back at the pictures and think how much fun it all was.

Here's to another fantastic, memorable, exciting and fun Christmas season!
--L

No comments: