background

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Snow Day!

Oh what I wouldn't give to be a kid again and get a snow day! It's so funny to think back about the amazing excitement that would generate, to know you got a whole day off from school unexpectedly? Although I can't tell you what I did with those days? I'm sure when I was young I would go sledding or play in the snow, but as you got older, it was more uneventful.

What I wouldn't give to have an adult "work" snow day now and then! Instead, as adults with responsibilities, we not only need to trudge through the snow and ice to get to and from work, but then the parents have to make arrangements for their kids who are home all day due to no school - what a pain? It's something we never thought of as kids (but most of us as kids had a stay-at-home parent).

But even through the pain of it all; shoveling, throwing salt, driving with an ice-covered windshield, and having to go out in the bone-chilling cold....there is still some innocence in a fresh snowfall. When things slow down and I can find a moment to stand outside and listen to it fall - it still can bring a smile to my face, and a moments peace in my heart.

No comments: